I'll try to put some pictures up tomorrow of my experience at THE wedding. But just a few favorites of the day:
1. Seeing two guys dressed up as King and Queen (falsetto included)
2. Being at BUCKINGHAM PALACE, or at least right by it, for the wedding procession.
3. Seeing Kate, William's car, Pippa and small children, fancy people with hats, ambassadors (Spain and France for sure), the QUEEN, and many other awesome people heading to Westminster.
4. Listening to the ceremony via loudspeaker at our spot on the mall
5. Meeting friends Susan and Canan who shared their crackers and brie with us
6. Being assaulted by an old British lady (ok, maybe not quite "assaulted")
7. Watching the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge come back in their open carriage
8. Seeing them KISS on the balcony and the entire royal family on same balcony
9. Having champagne sprayed on me
10. Getting up at Four in the morning to allow for this all to happen (JK- not actually a favorite)
11. Getting the Evening Standard and seeing that half the pictures they have of people in the crowd were standing right by us
*if you saw some women deck ed in British things from San Diego we were right behind them.
*if you saw guys in Union Jack speedo's or swim attire, we were right across from them
*if you saw girls in wedding dresses, they were directly to the right of us
*if you saw the Drag Queen, we saw him too (see #1)
I have actual pictures on my ipod of the Queen, Kate, Kate and William, and company. That is how close we were. I felt like I got to be a part of Kate's (or as we now must say "Catherine's") fairytale.